The members of the foundation and its networks can:
- Exchange experiences and knowledge with all members of the Foundation.
- Receive periodic advice by video conference, and in some cases in person.
- Participate in training activities face to face and online.
- Participate in research projects.
- Be informed and advised to access to supranational fundraising.
- Freely participate in international study visits and/or hosting the study visits.
- Participate in national and international congresses and conferences in which the Foundation is involved.
- Support in finding information in the media library.
- Freely advised on design tools, management, dissemination and evaluation of policies for the development of Design for All/Universal Design and implementation of concrete actions.
- Participate as a member in our groups of Social Networks.
- Disseminate their actions, projects and events through the Design for All Foundation Newsletter issued globally in English, Spanish, French and Catalan.
- Propose news items for inclusion in the Newsletter of the Foundation.
- Appear prominently in articles, documents, videos, photos, best practices and provide all documentation in our Multimedia Library.
- Have discounts or free participation activities and services organised by the Foundation or members of the network.
- Be member of all international networks of Design for All Foundation (currently
Towns and Cities for All,
Museum For All.eu and
- Use the "ombudsman" service to make improvement proposals and complaints to your city managers.
- Receive reports by the Foundation of the ombudsman regarding your town and steps taken.
- To submit Good Practices to the International Design for All Foundation Awards for free. (except individual members)
In addition, local authorities have:
- The opportunity to invite to be part for free of the international networks of Design for All Foundation to:
- Any companies owned by the municipality.
- Any museums or cultural centres under municipal ownership.
- Up to 4 local not-for-profit organisations.
- Appear in the Online Geographic Information System (GIS) "Towns and Cities for All" (currently under construction) as a member linking to your own website.
- Disseminate initiatives and projects awarded as "Good Practice" through the on line GIS "Towns and Cities for All".
- The opportunity to be awarded annually with the Flag of Towns and Cities for All.
The members contribute to:
- Sustain the independent activity of the foundation being
the membership fees the only stable financial source.
- Share their experiences and Good Practices.
- Assist the beginners in this field to prevent them from
"reinventing the wheel"
- Propose new activities and scopes.
- Commit to human rights and diversity respect as stated in the
Global Commitment Towards a Society for All.