The Foundation will award the Good Practice recognition to
all entries which fulfil the following requirements:
- Improvement and optimisation of access to and use of the
product or service in comparison to the existing
situation or to the competition.
- Consideration of the requirements and wishes of users
and/or clients and their participation in the design
- Standard of the actions or initiatives, products,
services and projects in accordance with design for all
criteria, environmental and sustainability principles.
- The solution adopted must follow one of the following
strategies: A solution for all; Adjustable; Products or
services range; compatible with commonly used accessories;
Premises/product + complementary service; An alternative
option and a personalized solution
For its part, the jury will take the following criteria into
account when choosing the Design for All Foundation Award
- Relevance of the project: extent to which it promotes
participation by all.
- Standard of the development process: Excellence in the
methodology used to implement the principles of design
for all, from the outset and at every stage of the
process, with the aim of identifying the needs and
wishes of users and/or clients.
- Extent to which the outputs meet the 8 criteria that
define Design for All, which state that products and
services should be respectful of diversity, safe,
functional, healthy, understandable, sustainable,
affordable and appeal.
- Effectiveness (or impact): Potential benefit that the
project or initiative contributes to society.
- The degree of innovation: How the project or initiative
represents a step forward both in the conceptualisation
of Design for All and in its practical application.